Livewire Media, an educational company, hired Rita to write 13 songs for POPCORN PARK, a series of 6 DVDs in both English and Spanish geared toward children grade K-5.
Written by David Elkind and Freddy Sweet, Ph.D., the DVDs entertain while helping teachers discuss core social values. They can also be used for discussion in English as a Second Language classes.
"Respect / Respeto " (5.5 MB)"Fairness / Justicia " (5.5 MB)
Rita's frequent creative collaborators, Lee Armstrong and Kamela Portuges of Images in Motion Media, created the puppets and designed the production for Livewire. You can learn more about them here:www.imagesmedia.com
"Leaders in the field of child and youth guidance, producers David Elkind and Freddy Sweet have created another winner with this lighthearted (but strong-minded) series that mixes realistic scenarios and solid ethics with kid-friendly humor and bouncy sing-along songs. Highly recommended."
-Randy Pitman, The Video Librarian
"The educational and entertaining content of this well-planned series makes it a must purchase for school media centers and public libraries."
-Carol Y. Barker, School Library Journal
- KIDS FIRST! Endorsement - Coalition for Quality Children's Media
- Distinguished Achievement Award - Association of Educational Publishers
- Parents' Choice Award - Parents' Choice Foundation
- Honors - National Parenting Publications Awards
- Creative Excellence Award - U.S. International Film and Video Festival
- 2004 Awards Portfolio Winner - Media & Methods Magazine
These DVD videos are available from
Live Wire Media
Please mention that you saw it on Rita's site.
back to Music page